ADVICE ON FIRST AID FOR WALKERS has been issued by the Ramblers Association -just click on the link below to access-thanks to Rosanne for providing us with this link.
Link to Secret Hills Walking Group (Alan Garner et al) this is their NEW Website launched in September 2015 -LNB 1/10/15
Maps of Footpaths in local SW Area
Click on follwing link for footpaths in Bristol,BANES & South Gloucestershire:-
Other local Ramblers Groups and useful information
Avon Area Ramblers Groups
- Avon Area– the Ramblers are organised on a local level into Areas and Groups, Bristol is in the Avon Area
- Brunel 20s-30s
- Norton Radstock
Other Local Areas are:
- Somerset Ramblers Association has nine groups: Mendip, Taunton Deane, Sedgemoor, West Somerset, South Somerset, Clevedon, Woodspring.
- Gloucestershire Area Ramblers has eight groups: Cirencester, Cleeve, Forest of Dean, Gloucester, Gloucester Walking, Mid-Gloucestershire, North Cotswold, South Costwold.
- Wiltshire Ramblers has six groups: Chippenham, Mid-Wiltshire, North-East Wiltshire, South Wiltshire, West Wiltshire, Wiltshire Wanderers.
- And our neighbours over in Wales, for which you could try their ‘Groups Finder’
Long Distance Walking
- See the Bristol Ramblers section on ‘local’ long distance walks
- Samaritans Way South West ‘local’
- Bristol to Brecon Walk ‘local’
- Cotswold Way National Trail
- The Long Distance Walkers Association(LDWA)
- Brecon Beacons
- Mendip Hills AONB Area of Outstanding National Beauty
- Quantock Hills AONB
- Forest of Avon